Wednesday, June 5, 2013

[a good summer read]


I enjoyed this book by Sarah Pekkanen. It's the first one I've read from this author.

The story is about a couple who starts their marriage poor but the husband makes millions with his company. Their relationship has suffered due to husband's long work hours and commitment to his company. One day the husband has a heart attack and dies for just over four minutes. When he wakes up, he's a changed man. The wife has to decide whether she wants to accept the change and continue the marriage. 

This book made me think. What would I do in this situation? What really matters in life? Would I be able to make the right choice?

I recommend this book but do so with a warning that it does contain some bad language & taking God's name in vain. But the book touched my heart and I thought it's a great summer read. I'll give it three out of five stars.

«««

ps. I purchased another book by this same author and I'm disappointed. Seems a bit trashy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)