Tuesday, June 7, 2016

[Finland trip, part I]


I went to Finland at the end of April. The weather was still quite cold - about +8C and windy on most days. The proximity of the sea makes the wind chilly. 
My trip was mainly to spend time with family so I don't have much to show you. But I kept snapping photos as I was out and about in Helsinki.

Did you know Angry Birds originates from Finland?











The railway station was designed by Eliel Saarinen.
The sphere lamp holding dudes of that building is one of my favorite things in Helsinki but I've taken pictures of them before so not this time.







aarikka.fi




kalevalajewelry.com


iittala.fi










The Lutheran Cathedral, "tuomiokirkko".












Sibelius monument.
Jean Sibelius was a beloved Finnish composer. 


Cafe Regatta.
Loved this cute little cafe!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)