Friday, March 21, 2008

pysanky eggs

***
***
***
The cybrarian in me made me post these pictures here. :)
Pysanky eggs = Ukrainian Easter eggs.
***
***
The world's largest Pysanky egg can be found in Vegreville, Alberta, Canada.
***

***
Each color is dipped separately. These eggs take a LONG time to make.
The patterns are often symbolic and related to Christianity.
***
Cybrarian = a person whose job is to find, collect, and manage information that is available on the World Wide Web. (I'm a self appointed one, I guess :) ).
***

3 comments:

  1. I used to make these eggs all the time with my grandma - and we had this exact book! I used to love looking through it and picking patterns. My grandma would make the really intricate ones. So fun. I would love to do them again some time! Karly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyvää pääsiäisen aikaa!

    Ja mikä se pirogies on? Luulin että ne on piirakoita, mutta jos ne keitetään...

    ReplyDelete
  3. karly: I can't believe I posted the exact same book you used. Ok, next year we'll have a big Easter egg decorating party. Dealio? :)

    tahc: Ne nayttaa lihapasteijoilta muodoltaan mutta erilainen taikina ja sisalla on peruna/pekoni/sipuli/juusto juttua. Ukrainilaiset keittavat ne mutta voi ne myos sitten paistaakin. Mina aina paistan sipulin kanssa.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)