Sunday, May 8, 2011

{for all of you busy moms out there}





hilary weeks

"Motherhood is a statement about our nature, not a head count of our children. Some women give birth and raise children and never 'mother' them. Others 'mother' all their lives but have never given birth. We can provide something of our divine pattern, the maternal prototype, for each other and for those who come after us. Whatever our circumstances, we can reach out, touch, hold, lift and nurture." Patricia Holland



“One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.”
Thomas S. Monson

“While we tend to equate motherhood solely with maternity, in the Lord’s language, the word mother has layers of meaning. …Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it is certainly that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us. …For reasons known to the Lord, some women are required to wait to have children. This delay is not easy for any righteous woman. But the Lord’s timetable for each of us does not negate our nature. Some of us, then, must simply find other ways to mother. And all around us are those who need to be loved and led.”
Sheri L. Dew

It seems like I’ve watched a million sunsets
And stared at a thousand full moons
Sometimes it feels like I’ve been here forever
And sometimes it all feels brand new

I could never count the heartbeats
From the day I was born until now
But not a singe one goes unnoticed
By Him who breathes life in me somehow

But if there were no more tomorrows
If I knew that I could not stay
I know how I’d spend every moment
If I only had today

          I’d hold you and listen
          And I’d let the dishes sit in the sink
          I’d tell you I loved you over and over
          And for once I’d just let the phone ring
          Then I’d remind you of forever
          And how our love would never change
          If I only had today

I’d wake up before the sun did
And I’d watch as you quietly sleep
I’d pray for time to move slowly
Knowing the moment won’t keep

All the gifts that Heaven has given
Every blessing that’s come my way
Wouldn’t mean anything without you
So if I only had today

          I’d hold you and listen
          I’d memorize every detail of your face
          I’d tell you I loved you over and over
          I wouldn’t let excuses get in the way
          Then I’d remind you of forever
          And how our love would never change
          If I only had today

There’s no time like the present
Life doesn’t come with any guarantees
The sun will set and time won’t wait

So while I have today

          I’ll hold you and listen
          I’ll let the dishes sit in the sink
          I’ll tell you I love you over and over
          For once I’ll just let the phone ring
          And I’ll remind you of forever
          And how our love will never change
          Because I have today

Hilary Weeks


Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)