Monday, March 11, 2013

[a bit of this & a bit of that]



An evening in downtown with friends: The Finnish a cappella group Rajaton's concert.

Sielu huokaisi kuunnellessa taas suomeksi musiikkia. Jussi on edelleen ihan jees. J


Some more pictures of our new home. This one shows our white laminate flooring. Wide planks. So easy to keep clean.


  
Africa’s new morning spot is on the love-seat in the dining area. He can recharge his solar energy in the morning sun.



Close-up of the kitchen counter top. Laminate called “brushed aluminum”. More my style than the various granite counter tops out there.


Floor to ceiling wardrobes in the master bedroom. Four sections. Covers the wall opposite from the bed. We do have a walk-in-closet too but a chunk of it will be taken out eventually to make room for a larger bathroom.





Curtains for the family room.


A place for my rings by my kitchen desk.


Mmm! Naan pizza. I have shared the recipe previously. Me lovey!

And here are the March 2013 Project Life journaling cards. 






I just finished this book. A World War II story from a young German woman’s perspective. Adds insight to what life was like for the ordinary Germans during the war. These WWII books are hard to read but I find it’s important to remind ourselves of what happened so that history will never repeat itself. It's unfathomable to think that some people can be so evil. 
The book is well written and even though the subject matter was the horrible war, there was much beauty in the book. Reading the book made me think about what is most important in life. What would I do in such a situation? Would I have the strength to hold on to my values and morals?
Four out of five stars.
««««

Happy Monday everyone! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)