Sunday, August 26, 2012

[victoria vacation, day 1]


I'm slowly going through our vacation pictures. Here's day 1.

What makes a long road trip enjoyable?

For me: a good book, magazines, salmiakki (salty licorice), chocolate, berries, snacks.
For my husband: the radio or talk cd's, nuts and other snacks.
For Sienna: a backpack full of stuff to do. A doll or a bear to dress. A coloring book. A dvd player and few of her favorite dvd's. A tablet for playing games. Snacks.

Australia VOGUE Living is one of my favorite magazines and the National Geographic's Just Joking book's silly jokes kept us laughing.
  



I found this super cute coloring book for Sienna. Fun enough even for adults. Wink, wink. ;)






Another must for me is taking pictures. As soon as we got to Jasper, my camera started clicking and it didn't stop much during our vacation. It's my way to experience things. Plus it helps me to remember things I'd otherwise forget.
These pictures were taken while driving, through the window. I'm sure I've taken pictures of these same mountains before. I can't help it - the mountains stir something special in my heart every time. I have to snap pictures. Gorgeous, gorgeous, majestic mountains!







We had lunch in Jasper (weather: +25C, sunny) and then drove all the way to Langley, BC and spent the night in a hotel.
I bet you can't wait to see the rest of the million pictures I took. :)
What makes your family's road trips a success? Do share. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)