Friday, January 17, 2014

[thinking about... my style.]


I admit it - I'm a weird woman - I don't like shopping that much. Clothing or shoe shopping especially. If I had to choose between going to a clothing store or a book store, I'd always choose the book store! There are odd moments when I do feel like shopping but usually it's painful for me to try to find things that I like to wear. Possibly because I can be very picky about what I wear. If it's not comfortable - sorry, I won't wear it, no matter how cute it is otherwise. 

I often dream of having a personal shopper who knows my style, my size and could just bring me stuff to wear. No such luck so I'm known to buy multiple long sleeved basic black t-shirts for the winter so that I don't have to think about what to wear in the morning. At times I'll buy something a bit more colorful to have some variety.

I pretty much have two or three pairs of jeans I wear in the winter, plus Lululemon black pants that I like as well. In the summer I love to wear maxi dresses, long skirts and capri pants. If black didn't make you too hot in the summer, I'd probably buy multiple short sleeved black shirts to wear in the summer too. :) My husband sometimes complains about my mainly black/gray wardrobe so when I do find something more colorful to wear, I have to show it to him right away and say "See, I wear other colors too!". :)

If I had a personal shopper, I'd be more adventurous with clothing, for sure. I'm not that weird that I wouldn't appreciate nice clothes and some more variety too.

I love long skirts! I don't know why but I feel beautiful when I wear them. Feminine. I'm not into showing my body too much. I think being mysterious and leaving things for imagination is more sexy and fun. You won't ever see my boobs hanging out for everyone to see. ;)

So here are some things that I'd consider "my style". 


Minus the earrings. I haven't worn earrings for many, many years. I wish I had never pierced my ears.
I hardly ever wear necklaces either but I do have some that I like for special occasions.
Big silver rings and bracelets are my favorites.



Pointy shoes are yucky. Why on earth would someone want to squish their toes like that? My shoes always have to be comfy and easy to walk with. No stiletto heels for me, please.



I love maxi dresses! They are so comfortable and easy to wear. The only complaint I have that they are hard to find, often a bit too short (I like them almost all the way to the ground) and the fabrics are often too psychedelic for my taste.
My dream is to wear maxi dresses every day while working in my loft art studio. :)




Love these arm warmers!


I also love wearing high heeled boots (a bit chunky heels, no stiletto heels, as I said earlier) and this lace idea is so cute. I probably wouldn't add the bow in mine, as I like everything minimal and bows just aren't my thing. I'd also like mine in black. :)


Didn't I just say that bows aren't my thing? Yet for some weird reason, I love these sandals. Go figure. :)


I hardly ever wear nail polish (except on my toes in the summer, that's a must!) but if I did, I'd like them neutral, either matte or metallic. This is the nail length I like. Anything longer - not my thing!
And yes, I'd love the ring too. The perfect size for me. :)



So there you have it. Aren't you ecstatic that you now know what I like? Haha. :)

Happy Friday everyone! :)

Pinterest/My Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)