Friday, May 16, 2008

the big reveal

***
Another warm day: +24C. Windy again. Thank goodness. :)
Tons of birch pollen in the air. "Great." :(
I can't remember planting these flowers in the front. I thought I planted something else. :)
***
***
One of the flowers I got from Jay's mom on Mother's Day. What are these called? Kuka tietaa kukan nimen?
Solenia Begonia!
***
***
Sienna with some of her Imagine That! class friends. Sienna is the youngest.
***
***
Sienna with Miss Karly/Imagine That!
***
***
Sienna was getting frustrated this morning when she couldn't fit into these old shoes. Then she finally said "I got the heals in". I guess she was pretty content with the result. :)
***
***
Ta-daa! My secret project is ready! I did it! When I had started to make my scrapbook layouts I happened to come across this "Scrapbooker of the Year" contest at Creative Keepsakes. I had caught the scrapbooking bug so I thought this was a fun way to motivate me to do many layouts in a short period of time. I did 21 layouts in about a month!! It's a lot when you think I was doing it here and there when I had a moment. You needed 20 originals and the first one I did I had scraplifted the layout. Every time I have tried to accomplish a goal and I have told about it to someone, my interest seems to die off and I don't get it done. So I thought I'd keep this one a secret hoping that it would give me that extra boost to keep going. So that I could surprise everyone. I don't know why but that seems to work for me. It's more fun working on a secret project than working on something "I have to get done because I've told everyone about it". It seems crazy to take part in this contest as I'm so new to scrapbooking. But oh well, I'm known to try all kinds of crazy things on a whim. It doesn't hurt to give things a try, right? What do I have to lose? Not much. And atleast I got all these pages done for Sienna. The thing is, I can't show all the pages as that is part of the contest. 12 of the layouts have to be unpublished ones. I have shown 4 of my layouts so far so I have 4 more to go. :) I'll show you new ones every once in awhile. I kind of want to see what GoodieBox challenges will be and if any of my layouts match the challenge. :)
So there you have it! I'm sure this disappointed you all as I don't have much to show at the moment. But keeping this secret really helped me to get it done. Hope you understand. Now I'm off to mail this. I barely made the deadline. I was hurrying like crazy to get this done.
***

***
This is how I'm sending my stuff. Didn't have time to do anything fancier. Inside are a cover letter, contact info, photos of my layouts, an article that needed to be written (that was the pain in the butt one - I don't like writing, never said I'm good at it) and a list of materials used in my layouts.
***
I'm done! Yey! :)
***
Oops, I have 5 more layouts I can share as the first one doesn't count since it's not part of the contest. I'll post another layout soon.
***

7 comments:

  1. Onnea projektin valmiiksi saamisen johdosta,jee! :)

    Mulla on IHAN sama juttu! Ihana kuulla etta muillekkin kay niin etta jos jostain projektistaan kertoo ihmisille niin into lopahtaa aikalailla siihen paikkaan.

    Taalla on kuuma, uh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you, sanna-miina! i can never seem to get motivated enough to enter contests...good luck!!

    Talia:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onnea kilpailuun!!!

    ps. Onnittelut Kanadan pääsystä jääkiekon finaaliin. Toivottavasti meidät pieksinyt venäjä voittaa.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I loved coming across your blog! We have SO much in common...from loving Finland to one of your fave movies..."The Notebook." I have no idea how to add you as a friend or other than just watching your blog...any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olisko tuo punainen kukka ruusupegonia?

    ReplyDelete
  6. stina: kiitos! Kiva etten ole ainoa jonka projektit tuntuu usein lopahtavan. Tama salaisuus juttu toimii! Koklaapa. :)

    talia: You if anyone should do contests. You'd win them all. :)

    marita: Voi, en seuraa jaakiekkoa. MM-kisat ei ole taalla niin kova juttu kuin NHL matsit. Go Canada go! :)


    scarlett1313: It's always nice to find new friends with similar interests. I checked out your art. You do amazing stuff. This blog is the only thing I do (besides my etsy shop, I guess) so maybe we could e-mail each other or something? ?? You should keep a blog too. Everyone should. :)

    mari: Hmm. Pitaapa tsekata ja varmistaa. Kiitti vinkista. Olen melko ulapalla puutarha jutuissa. Kiitos kommentista!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again! I actually have two blogspots and two livejournal's. ;) I would love to email though. Mine is scarlett1313@gmail.com. Definitely send me a message and I will be sure to write back. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)