Saturday, May 24, 2008

vaatetaidetta


***
zena holloway
(under water pictures)
***
***
missoni
***

***
lie sang bong
(kivat kaulasta alaspain) :)
***
***
***
***
araks
***
Me and fashion have an interesting relationship. In many ways I'm totally against high fashion. I think some people spend ridiculous amounts of money "to be in fashion". Especially since there are so many people in the world who don't even have enough to eat. Such a waste in my humble opinion. It's ridiculous to spend $3000 on a belt (yes, I've seen that price tag in a magazine). There are so many out there who's daily thoughts seem to evolve around "look at me". That is such a big turn off for me, it's not even funny. That being said, there's nothing wrong about looking presentable, clean and beautiful. But like in anything, moderation is the key. I also don't like it when people show all their body parts. It falls into the "look at me" category. I like modesty. I remember a day when I was wearing a somewhat tight t-shirt (not because I wanted to but because I tend to shrink all my clothes) and this "yucky" man kept staring at my you know what area instead of looking at me while talking to me. I don't like anyone else stare at me that way except my dear husband. Modesty is not just not showing private body parts. It's also an attitude of "I like people to like me because of who I am, not because of the way I look". Totally the opposite of the "look at me" so to speak. You're not out there hoping that everyone is staring at you.
All this being said, at times I do enjoy looking at beautiful things even in the fashion field. To me it's a form of art as well. I admire people's creativity, no matter what the field they're in. I can also totally appreciate beauty. So like I said, it's a weird relationship.
Talking about beauty - there is nothing as beautiful as someone who is living a good, decent life and it shows in their face. Charitable, good people have an inner light that shines and makes them beautiful. No matter what color their teeth are or no matter what they're wearing. Wrinkles and all. Heck, even cellulite!! :)
So there. My two cents on this topic.
***
ps. This same kind of thinking goes to other design industries as well. I love looking at beautifully designed items but I could never spend $5000 on a chair either.
***
ps. And am I the only one who thinks so many models look sickly skinny? Yuck!!!!!! Even some actresses. Like they're starving. Not beautiful!
***
ps. Even though I like certain fashion as "art", I wouldn't necessarily wear it myself.
***

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)