Monday, January 28, 2008

cool stuff and sad news

***
Art school in Singapore. Amazing!!
***
***
Low-energy prefab designed by Eric Wuilmot.

***
***
Single Hauz.

***
Cool design stuff I found from www.inhabitat.com.
***
It's so freezing cold here right now!!! And it's only supposed to be getting worse. The wind makes it feel like -40C. :(
My plans for today: organizing, playing with Sienna, cuddling with Jay (he has a day off), make an oven pancake (pannaria mansikkahillolla, mmm!), testing the PhotoScape program some more, watching some tv or a movie... I ain't going out!!! :)
***
Sad news is that one of my favorite people in the world passed away yesterday evening: our church's leader, President Gordon B. Hinckley. I truly LOVE him and will miss him immensly! He is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest, funniest man. I loved hearing him speak. He always had such a quick wit and such a good sense of humor. He was a picture of optimism. When 9-11 happened, it was his speach that gave me the most peace and hope. And the way he always spoke about his sweet wife Marjorie! She passed away in 2004 and even though I'll miss President Hinckley like crazy, I'm so happy for him that he gets to be with his dear wife now. One of his last speaches to the church in general was about being slow in anger. This is a quote from that talk:
"I think of my own marriage. My eternal companion passed away three and a half years ago. But we lived together for 67 years. I have no recollection of ever having a quarrel with her. She traveled with me and spoke on every continent, pleading for the exercise of restraint, kindness, and love."
You could totally tell about them that they were so in love after all those years. They had so much respect for each other. I have faith in my marriage largely because of him and his wife. Desire to do better as a wife. Anyways, I could go on and on about him but since this is basically just affecting my life (not yours) I'll just end by another quote from the talk I mentioned:
"...I plead with you to control your tempers, to put a smile upon your faces, which will erase anger; speak out with words of love and peace, appreciation, and respect. If you will do this, your lives will be without regret. Your marriages and family relationships will be preserved. You will be much happier. You will do greater good. You will feel a sense of peace that will be wonderful. May the Lord bless you and inspire you to walk without anger, without bitterness of any kind, but to reach out to others with expressions of friendship, appreciation, and love."
President Hinckley practised what he preached. I love you President Hinckley! I will miss you tons!
***
ps. No need to comment on this stuff. I wrote about Pres. Hinckley mainly for myself.
***

3 comments:

  1. Luin uutisista tästä. Kaikesta päätellen valtavan rakastettu mies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. riikka: Todellakin. Ja ei vaan meidan kirkon jasenet. Pres. Hinckleyssa oli jotain joka kosketti monia ihmisia. Mike Wallace oli sen hyva ystava esim. Aivan alyn ihana ihminen! En voinut olla kirjoittamatta.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)