Thursday, April 16, 2009

{fun stuff}

***
Too bad I didn't find this picture before April 1st. :)
Would I have got you, Connie? If I got rid of that worth1000.com (fun web site!) and made it look like an "Obama has gone too far this time trying to be cool/popular" newspaper article. Probably not even then as you know to be on the lookout. :D
***
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe tuo fo 100 anc.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod a re, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
***
Pretty cool, huh? :) I can't believe I can read that jibberish.
***
Our smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night. It was a false alarm. But afterwards I kept having nightmares about our house being on fire or us dying from carbon monoxide. In the morning I felt like a steamroller had run over me, I was so tired from the poor sleep.
I couldn't help but think what if our house really had been on fire. Are we prepared for an emergency? Well, I'm ashamed to admit that even though our church has taught about preparedness FOREVER now, our 72 hour emergency kit is only half done. If I don't get it finished in the next little while, I'm a rotten egg!
***
ps. A new poll on the right. My favorite season is fall. Early fall. When days are still warm and sunny (but not too hot), trees are gorgeous (love, love, love the fall colors!), no more bugs (yeah baby!)... On a day like that, I just want to stop time. It doesn't rain much here in Alberta so I even love the rainy days.
***

1 comment:

  1. Same thing. I used to hate Autumn but now I just love orange and pumpkin colors etc.

    Nice blog. I like to read blogs where people also think. Religious people usually seem to be happy for their faith, so it is ok to me :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)