Thursday, April 9, 2009

{this & that as usual}

***
I thought I'd do one more posting before I take a little break to enjoy Easter.
After supper today we went to the nearby pond to feed the geese. It was fun to see them again and hear their honking. I picked some pussy willow & tree branches so that I could do this Finnish Easter tradition - feathers in tree branches. Hopefully the tree branches will start budding soon. Most Finns use colorful feathers but I had white ones and I must admit - this way is more my style.
***
***
Long time ago I saw this in a magazine and had to make my own. :D
***

***
I love the Martha Stewart Weddings magazine. Not because I plan to get married again (obviously) but because it has beautiful pictures and the crafts ideas translate to other parties as well. Martha's people do a wonderful job - perfectionism at it's best.
***

***
I loved the article about lace decorations. Lace in a modern way. marthastewartweddings.com/lace-projects
***

***
An awesome house I saw in a DWELL magazine. I'd like it even better if it was mine :) and if it was in a non-evergreen tree forest.
***

***
Love this bathroom I saw in a House & Home magazine. I'm so into the global look. Love, love, love the tiles!
***

***
I love wallpapered walls. When just one wall has been papered. Reminds me of my grandma's apartment in the early 70's. She was so cool & in style back then! :)
Mummo on mielessani silla huomenna on mummon 85v synttarit. Mummolla on alzheimers ja muisti kadonnut. Paasisipa aina joskus hieromaan mummon kipeita jalkoja ja hartioita. Eika haittaisi vaikka minuutin valein kysyy samat kysymykset. Y
***
***
I have always been interested in hand-writing analysis. I think there's something to it. I totally notice how my hand-writing changes depending on if I'm tired or not. Click on the pictures and start analyzing your hand-writing. Fun! I collected these ideas after reading an article about the topic in a magazine (years ago). I remember thinking "who on earth would write their K like that?" (see #1). Then I saw an athlete's autograph in a magazine and her K was like that.
***


***
Have a wonderful Easter everyone!

What a special time of the year.
I think Christmas and Easter are neck to neck for me when it comes to holidays.
So much hope in the air...
***

6 comments:

  1. Rauhallista paasiaista, Sansku & co! Pajun oksat nayttaa oikein kauniilta, kiva idea tuo rusetti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hyvää pääsiäista!
    Ihania nuo puiset patsaat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hyvää pääsiäistä! Pajunoksat ovat kauniita valkoisine höyhenineen. Täällä on sinulla taas niin paljon mielenkiintoisia juttuja, että pitää tulla uudestaan lukemaan, ainakin muutaman kerran. Nuo käsiala-asiat ovat mielenkiintoisia ja Susan Lordin veistokset ovat aivan ihania. Hänen työnsä ovat inspiroineet minua tekemään hiukan vastaavia keramiikasta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I read your comment on my comment and want to comment again, where is the best place to do it?
    here is my comment from your comment on your last posting in regards to my comment, are you confused?

    for sure!!!! when is the next time we will see each other? are you coming in the summer again? when is your sister coming? can we convince her to go to writing on stone?

    ReplyDelete
  5. saara: Toivottavasti sullakin on kiva paasiainen.

    mirva & clarissa: Patsaat on lahjat ystavalta. Ensin sain tuon karsivallisyyden enkelin kun kaytiin meidan lapsettomuus koettelemusta lapi. Sitten tuli ne toiset. <3

    connie: :D My sister will be here the first 3 weeks of July. Are you sure you want us to come again? :) I'd like her to see writing on stone but we'll see if she'll have the courage this time. Gotta do the river floating again and I'd love to hike the hoodoos more this time. If not, maybe we could visit Waterton again. I love that place! Gotta do Bearhump every time they come here. :) We'll see. We only have plans for the last week or so of their trip. But I know they want to see the mountains too. But if you'd have us, I'm sure we'll come and visit. The more I see you, the better. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sansku,

    I was looking for a Easter vintage postcard and found your blog; I read your Easter post and thought it was very interesting.

    Am like you: am interested in everything.

    Have a lovely Easter, you and your family.

    Fernanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)